Friday 22 June 2012

"Special Events Reminder Services In Your Website" by Dipen

Special Events Reminder Services
    People can sign up to be reminded of something via e-mail on specified dates. This feature was originally thought of by a florist to remind people about important dates. You can remind people about any number of things relating to your business. If you own a site that sells fishing and hunting gear, you could get visitors to sign up to be reminded when certain fishing or hunting seasons start. You should try to develop a reminder service that relates to something that you sell from your site. In your reminder you can include suggestions about what fishing fly works best at this time of the year.
    Reminder services are becoming very popular with e-commerce sites. Their services are very much appreciated by busy people who are not good with

remembering dates. This has saved me on more than one occasion and made it very easy to purchase from the site that provided the reminder. I have five nieces and nephews across the country. I have registered their birthdays with a site that also asked for some details about the reminder—things like what the date is, the relationship that I have with the person, their ages, things they enjoy, and how far ahead of time I want to be notified. Like clockwork, ten days prior to Ryan’s birthday, I got this e-mail: “Susan, your nephew Ryan’s birthday is in 10 days. He will be 12 years old. Ryan likes PlayStation video games.
      We happen to have several that might be appropriate as a gift for Ryan.
I am then able to choose the gift that I want to purchase, the paper I want it wrapped with, and the text that I want on the card that will be attached to the gift. Then I simply provide the address I want it sent to and give them my credit card number, and they send it off. Everyone is happy, especially me.

No comments:

Post a Comment